This week we worked on the weekly Shabbat bulletin. During the holiday season, we are adding holiday information to the bulletin. The class will be continuing to work on the Modesty Clothing Debate. This week we will also be focusing the Ruach Patrol for Rosh Chodesh.
Finally, we will be discussing Kashrut and figuring out our food menu for Sukkot.
This week we did not see our friends at the Hillel Lodge because of Rosh Hashanah. We will be making chagim cards this week for our new friends.
As we continue our discussion of anti-semitism, students will spend time analyzing the documentary Defamation. This documentary examines various perceptions of anti-semitism around the world (Israeli, American, Polish, etc.) Through their analysis, students will be able to quickly determine that not everyone shares the same viewpoints in regard to anti-semitism.
Students will be asked to respond to the following questions as they watch the documentary.
Defamation Video Questions:
- Describe the various opinions on Anti-Semitism that are presented by people in the film? How do they differ?
- What are some examples of Anti-Semitism that the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) typically deals with?
- How did the Israeli students react to the group of older men that were speaking to them in Poland? Was this reaction justified? Explain
- Is there a difference between Anti-Zionism and Anti-Semitism? Explain using examples from the documentary
Friendship Seminar Journal Entry #3
Students have the option to type their journal entry, write their entry in a notebook, video record their response, or sketch note their thoughts. Respond to the following post in your journal:
Describe your first impressions of your new friend at Hillel Lodge.
- What have you learned about their lives?
- Family, friends, origins, jobs, etc.
- What you like to learn more about?
- Has it been easy to develop this friendship thus far? Why or why not? Explain
- How can you begin to build a stronger relationship with your friend?
- How can you show your appreciation for this newfound friendship?
For this entry, if students have decided to write, there is a minimum of two paragraphs for this response.