Grade 6: Brit Milah Source Study
Today we will be looking diving deeper into the covenant between G-d and Abraham as we discuss the brit milah. Students will be asked to read, highlight, annotate, and analyze verses from the Torah in order to comprehend the significance of the covenant.
We will read the text (Genesis 17: 1-27) together as a class and practice the following skills:
- Previewing questions prior to reading
- Highlighting key words/phrases
- Looking up unfamiliar vocabulary terms
- Taking notes/jotting down ideas while reading (annotation)
- Answering questions in complete sentences (referencing the text)