Grade 7: Lashon Hara
Today students will be discussing, analyzing, and determining the significance of the concept of Lashon Hara. As we dive deeper into our discussion of interpersonal mitzvot, students will be asked to create connections between these lessons and their own lives. This lesson connects closely to one of our activities and discussions during the Middle School Retreat.
Students will also be practicing the following comprehension skills:
- Previewing questions prior to reading
- Highlighting key words/phrases
- Looking up unfamiliar vocabulary terms
- Taking notes/jotting down ideas while reading (annotation)
- Answering questions in complete sentences (referencing the text)