Grade 8: Reflect Upon a Survivor’s Story (Due: Friday 3/13)
Today students will read and reflect upon the story of a Holocaust Survivor. The website Holocaust Survivor Stories provides students with various personal narratives of survivors.
Directions: Students will choose a survivor’s narrative to read. After reading their story, students will answer the following reflection questions. Answer the questions in complete sentences.
- What feelings did this narrative elicit? (Explain the thoughts or emotions you felt while reading this story)
- Could you connect any of the experiences you read about to your own life? Did you feel any connection to the narrator?
- What lessons can you learn from this narrative?
- How could you use this story to educate others?
- What part of the story did you find most intriguing? Why?
*Students are encouraged to read multiple stories in order to determine which narrative speaks to them personally*