With Pesach coming up in the coming weeks, do you feel “Freedom” has new meaning?
Why or Why not?
I look forward to discussing this in class with all of you on Wednesday.
PESACH SCAVENGER HUNT: Today we will begin learning about Pesach. Please answer the following questions. If you do not know one of the answers, you are allowed to search the internet to find the appropriate response. MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND PASTE THE LINK WHERE YOU FOUND THE ANSWER.
1. How many cups of wine do we drink at the seder? 4 https://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/658549/jewish/Why-four-cups-of-wine.htm
The following are suggested sites which may help
1.The five foods on the Seder plate are:
2. What do the 5 foods symbolize?
3.What is the festive meal called on Passover?
4. List the order and a brief description of the seder (15)
5. What is the dessert called on Pesach?
6. List the 4 questions of the Mah Nishtana
7.What Megliah do we read on Pesach?
8. How many Seders do we have in Canada and in Israel?
9. What is Shemurah Matzah?
10. List the 10 Plagues
11. Name the 4 sons
12.How many cups of grape juice do we drink and what do they symbolize?
13. What do the 3 Matzot represent?
14. What language is Ha Lachma Anya written in הא לחמא עניא?
15. Who is the fifth cup for?
16. Why do we have a Seder?
17. Why do we eat Matzah?
18. What is Korban Pesach?
19. Why do we recline
20. What are the other names for Pesach (3 names)?
21. What are Matza balls made of?
22. What is your favorite part of the Pesach Seder?
23. What is the name of the book we use at the Seder?
24. Who is supposed to recite the Mah Nishtana and why?
25. In which Sefer (5 books of Moshe) is the Pesach story located?
26. What is the special “counting” we do starting the second night of Pesach?
27. What do you put on your fried Matzah?
28. Explain Bedikat Chametz?
29. What is Mechirat Chametz?
30. What is Biur Chametz?
31. When is Biur Chametz?
32. What is Maot Chitim?
33. Why is Maot Chitim important?
34. What is the fast called erev Pesach?
35. Who is supposed to fast?
36. Why is there a fast?
37. What is your favorite Matza dish?
38. At what point of the Seder do we search for the afikomen?
39. What is the Jewish Calendar date of Pesach?
40. What are the middle days of Pesach called?
41. Why do some people have a pillow on their chair?
42. Are there any customs you do on Pesach which can you share?
43. Some individuals wear a kittel during a seder. What is a kittel and why do some individuals where it?
44. What is Chametz?
45. What is the reason we don’t eat chametz?
46. What is the name of the Tfilah we add during the Amidah (Shemoneh Esrei)?
47. Every day during Pesach we add a group of prayers called Hallel, why?
48. What is Bitul Chametz?
49. How many verses are in the song Echad Mi Yodeah?
50. What is the song Chad Gadya about?
Please review the attachment. You will have an open notebook quiz about Rashi on Monday. You may ONLY use your written notes
GRADE 7 PLEASE SIT IN YOUR ASSIGNED SEATS
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR MACHBERET (NOTEBOOK). Number your page 1-21, if you do not know an answer, skip it and go to the next question. – DO NOT ASK FOR HELP FROM YOUR NEIGHBOR. IF YOU GET HELP FROM A NEIGHBOR YOU WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC 0
1.What is the special Shabbat Parsha Name during Rosh Chodesh Adar?
2. What is the special Parsha Name the week before Purim?
3. Why and what is the name of the enemy of Israel after they left Egypt?
4. What is the fast day called?
6. What is the Hebrew Date of the fast day?
7. What is the Hebrew Date of Purim?
8. What is Shushan Purim?
9. What is the Hebrew date of Shushan Purim?
10. Who celebrates Shushan Purim today?
11. How many times do we listen to the Megilah?
12. Who is obligated to hear the Megilah?
13. Name the 4 Mitzvot of Megilah, explain what they are and where can these Mitzvot be found – what Jewish text (multiple answers accepted)?
14. Name the King, the first queen he was married to , the second queen he was married to, the villain and the name of the second queen’s cousin?
15. The end of the Megilah we recite ליהודים היתה אורה שמחה ששון ויקר, when else do we say this line?
16. What is the name of the extra Tefilah we add on Purim and during which Tefilot; do we read anything else on Purim besides the Megilah and if yes, what is the subject about?
17. Is God’s name mentioned in the Megilah, and based on your answer, what lesson can we learn?
18. What was Esther’s original name?
19. Which came first,Chanukah or Purim?
20. During the month of Adar, how should we feel?
21. What do you think the connection is between Purim and Yom Kippur?
Grade 7 has been introduced the brilliant biblical commentator Rashi. They are starting to learn the new alphabet and comprehend Rashi’s pedagogical approach. It is critical the students take notes in class daily.
This week we finished our character trait and its relationship to the Tanach. Sarah presented an interesting aspect – were all the character traits positive regarding our Jewish ancestors? She mentioned how Jacob did not tell the truth to his father Isaac and he favored Joseph. We discussed that everyone is human and we all also have faults.
This week we learned about the role of women. Ruth, Esther, and Mirriam. Many don’t realize the impact our female Jewish ancestors had on the Jewish people.
When we say Noa most think of Noach and the Ark. In class today one of our students spoke about the daughters’ Tzlaphchad. She shared how one of the daughters, Noa, confronted Moshe. Noa said to Moshe since we have no brothers can we sisters receive our father’s inheritance? Moshe after speaking to God agreed.
We discussed the importance of the role of the woman during biblical times.