Grade 7: Interpersonal Mitzvot Video Project
Students are being tasked with diving deeper into one of the mitzvot we have studied in class. This is a fantastic opportunity to head down to the Makerspace and use the green room for video recording.
Interpersonal Mitzvot Project (instructions, organizer, rubric)
Each group will create a video presentation that explains:
- Where are the mitzvah and the connection to Judaism explained? (Torah? Mishnah?)
- The meaning/significance of the mitzvah
- What does the mitzvah mean?
- Why is it important to Jewish life?
- Can this mitzvah be interpreted/performed in more than one way?
- What have Jewish commentators said about your mitzvah?
- Utilize Sefaria to find various commentaries on your mitzvah
- How does this mitzvah connect to your life and modern everyday situations?
- Why do you believe this mitzvah is essential?
- Research your mitzvah to uncover various interpretations and applications
- Answer all of the questions above
- Each person in your group must speak at least once in the video
- This video will also include a skit/visual representation of the lesson learned
- Minimum of three minutes long (maximum of eight minutes)
Monday (2/13)-Group graphic organizer complete (Group check-in #1)
Wednesday (2/15)- Script complete
Wednesday (2/28)-Group check-in #2
Friday (3/3)- Final project submitted to Mr. Washerstein